Norway: Society and Culture provides an introduction to contemporary Norwegian society for students, tourists, people in Norway on business, or anyone interested in knowing more about the northwestern corner of the European continent. In 14 short chapters, Norwegian scholars present a wide range of aspects of present-day Norway. Stimulating and accessible!
- Is Norway a wealthy country because of its oil?
- Why have Edvard Grieg, Henrik Ibsen, Knut Hamsun and Edvard Munch become world famous?
- What are the basic Norwegian values?
- Why do we have two official written languages in a country with only 5.4 million people?
- Is Norway in a position to influence world politics?
- How are minorities treated?
- Is Christianity on the wane in Norway?
- What is it like to grow up in Norwegian kindergartens and schools?
- What are the challenges for the Norwegian welfare state?